What is a Letter of Authority (LOA) and why do we need it?
- The LOA Direct-Energy use is drafted by the (UIA) Utilities Intermediaries Association and it conforms to all the major energy supplier requirements.
- You must print it to your own letter headed paper this is also a supplier requirement.
- The LOA shows suppliers that you the client have authorised us Direct-Energy to ask for information relating to the client’s Electricity & Gas consumptions/rates/billing/contract end date.
- The LOA also allows Direct-Energy to terminate any contracts for the client as they approach contract end date.
- Suppliers will not give out information unless we have this document laid out as above.
- The LOA does NOT allow us Direct-Energy to sign contracts on your behalf, unless agreed by prior arrangement.
- Please call us on 01260 274 348 if you would like any further information on the LOA.